Edmonton | Physiotherapy | Massage Therapy | Acupuncture
What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapy (OT) is one of the most effective treatment plans offered at our Edmonton clinic. It is designed to help those experiencing any pain, illness, injury, or disabilities that hinder their daily movements and activities.
It’s designed for those who find it hard to do their schoolwork, job, household chores, look after themselves, move around, play sports, or participate in any activities.
Our highly skilled and trained occupational therapists in Edmonton help our patients so they can get their work done by themselves and stay active. It teaches them how to adapt and perform various tasks with the help of tools or assistive devices if needed.
The assessment segment of the IMS treatment is very thorough, detailed, and important. After this, the treatment part comes where needles are inserted into key muscular trigger points. They are also inserted in corresponding muscles along with the affected muscle/s.
What Does Occupational Therapy Help With?
- Occupational therapy can help people do the following things:
- Office work
- Eat without needing anyone’s help
- Participate in sports and other leisure activities
- Bathe, shower, or get dressed
- Clean their house
- Do their laundry
- Make their own bed
How Do Occupational Therapists Help?
Occupational therapy helps individuals of all ages who experience sensory, cognitive, or physical problems that act as obstacles in their daily lives. It helps these people regain their independence by removing the barriers holding them back from performing their daily activities.
Occupational therapy helps people be able to address their social, physical, and emotional needs. For kids, occupational therapy is highly effective as it improves their academic performance while also aiding them in their daily routine.
- It also boosts their self-esteem while allowing them to:
- Develop necessary motor skills
- Develop good computer or handwriting skills
- Grasp or release toys
- Have improved eye-hand coordination
- Learn basic life skills like brushing teeth, eating, bathing, and getting dressed
- Learn social skills and positive behaviours like controlling their frustration, sadness, or anger
- Get assistive devices or special equipment required, including wheelchairs, communication aids, or dressing devices.
Who Might Need Occupational Therapy?
- Occupational Therapy is useful in addressing the needs of children or teenagers with:
- Birth disabilities or injuries
- Slow sensory processing
- Traumatic brain or spinal cord injuries
- Learning problems
- Behavioural or mental health problems
- Broken bones
- Post-surgical issues
- Developmental delays.
To book your appointment for occupational therapy in Edmonton, call us at 587-635-5555.